cARTel is currently seeking interns that would like to learn from and be a part of our next large scale event, the third annual No-Budget Film Festival, a film festival that judges movies based on craft, not coin. The No-Budget Film Festival will offer festival goers the very best in independent film, with an epic weekend featuring special guests, drinks, art, swag, and more.
Last year’s No-Budget Film Festival drew over 400 audience members, and this year we’re multiplying our efforts to ensure an even bigger bash. This year’s event promises to be bigger and better, and we want you to be a part of it! Internships also have the opportunity to be specialized and longer term than just No-Budget.
Who we need: Proactive, passionate, organized, self-motivated people that can be entrusted with tasks and complete them to the best of their abilities every time.
What you get:
- Free access to all events you help out with hands-on learning experience with a company of professional artists and administrators that produces boundary-pushing arts events and highly collaborative, ensemble-driven productions
- Gain skilled knowledge by working directly under the Director of whichever field you're interested in
- Recommendations for future jobs in the field
- Access and connections with other exciting and forward-thinking companies
Each intern will be on call to help with any general task that may need doing at any given event, but you will also have a focus to your internship beyond the general help.
To apply: Pick the internship you'd like to apply for and send your application to bethany@wearecARTel.org. Title your email "Intern Applicant: [Your Name]". In the body of the email, tell us why cARTel, why that position, and of any relevant experience that you may have. Please also include your phone number.
- A position for someone interested in advertising, marketing and public relations.
- Be on hand at events to greet, check-in and/or escort press/vips
- Help research relevant blogs for different events
- Help manage the cARTel Twitter account at events
- Have creative input on marketing
Front of House Intern: We're looking for a person that is both creative and business oriented, a person that enjoys helping to create a fun, artistic and professional tone upon entry to events.
- Learn and help with audience interaction
- Learn the creative and business elements of running cARTel's front of house
- Help work door
- Help create swag bags
- Help to brainstorm about setup and artistic elements that compliment the main event
Research and Sponsorship Intern: We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and hardworking intern who's eager for on the job experience in sales, marketing, and promotions. This position takes a savvy, creative individual with strong business sensibilities.
- Learn about and assist with event sponsorship
- Research sponsorship leads and help maintain tracking grids
- Provide occasional sales support like emailing and following up with potential partners
- Attend and help out on-site at events